Monday, Sept. 3rd
Labor Day, Harkness tradition. It was probably the hottest one we've ever done so we huddled in the shade for most of it. Renna and I ventured off on bikes and were so grateful to find a sprinkler in the gardens that cooled us off.
They got my phone and changed my lock screen!Tuesday, Sept. 4th
Our very last Moe's together for now. Maddy, of course, would be leaving, and also the Tuesday night hockey and dance schedule put the breaks on our Moe's at least for the time being.
Wednesday, Sept. 5thEight days 'til Maddy's departure and the sad goodbyes and dreaded anticipation hit hard. This night, Ninny fed us her famous spaghetti.
Mom and Russ took Maddy out for lunch.
I had mixed feelings about the first night of hockey. Glad he's healthy and active. Glad he's doing it with Mason / Daddy. Hate the cold rink. Hate the length of the season. 
Friday, Sept. 7th
RIP, Barb.
I love when leaders send pictures from youth group. A short while earlier, I had dropped off and bawled all the way home realizing it was Maddy's last youth group. She's missing her senior year. I had to grieve that. And the gratitude I have for our church, church leaders, church family, and how my kids have thrived there...well, the tears just come easily.
Saturday, Sept. 8th
Kelly's birthday plans fell through because of crappy weather, so C4 had to improvise to celebrate with her.
Sunday, Sept. 9th
Trevor went to Lucas's birthday party and enjoyed the archery.
Maddy was slightly stressed about trying to fit everyone in individually before she left, so I decided to throw Maddy an open house going-away in case anyone wanted to stop over and say their goodbyes. I thought if there was one time and one place for everyone to come, that might be easier. I was completely overwhelmed by the crowd that came through and cards, gifts, notes, and well-wishes. After, I gave her space to sit on the couch under her pile of love and sob for the better part of two hours while she read every single word that every single person had said. It was a beautiful testament to just how special she is, the community she has nurtured around herself, and how much she'll be missed.

1 comment:
Oh man and I thought I was done getting all choked up about September 13th!!! Can really feel the emotion in this post...so glad it's behind you and also glad you have it all documented.
Post a Comment