Monday, August 27th
Occasionally Dad texts me pictures of his biking excursions. It's good to see him active and healthy.
Maddy's soft-start to senior year.
Also, her last Monday with Cole. We miss having him around the house.
Our annual Mystic girls' night. We figured this was about our 8th annual summer evening spent on this patio. Crazy how fast time flies! (photo credit: Meg)
Tuesday, Aug. 28th1st day of sophomore year, UConn Hartford. This semester he's doing Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
Serious heat wave this week. You know it's hot when I get in the pool.
Moe's!!!
That's 8:14 PM and still 94 degrees. Love it!Wednesday, Aug. 29th
[posted on FB 8/29]...and so begins our 15th year of homeschool! I have 3 at home this year: Trevor is in 7th, Rocco in 4th, and Renna in 1st.
C4 is entering his 2nd year at UConn (started Tuesday) He was soooo excited to have his picture taken at 7:30a on his way out!
Nathanael started Sophomore year at East Catholic today.
Maddy (Liberty online started Monday- her *senior* year!!!) is exactly 2 weeks away from leaving for Cali and I simply cannot speak of it.
Last night, Renna was talking in the car. You have to imagine her Boston accent with no "r's" being pronounced:
Renna: I can't believe it's da first day of school tomorrow! I don't know what to do...or what to wear!!!...."
Rocco: (interrupting flatly) Renna. We are homeschooled.
Renna: I know! But I'm just so scared!!!
Renna: I can't believe it's da first day of school tomorrow! I don't know what to do...or what to wear!!!...."
Rocco: (interrupting flatly) Renna. We are homeschooled.
Renna: I know! But I'm just so scared!!!
So there's that.
Here's what is true: He is faithful. His mercies are new each and every morning. His grace each day is sufficient. His strength is made perfect when I am weak. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be their mom and to have this time with them. I feel lucky to 'steal' this time from the system and in one word, I'm GRATEFUL.
Once Nathanael got home from his first day, we took a few more.
100 degrees called for an afternoon in the pool. Renna's dive is pretty remarkable. (At least her unbiased mom thinks so of her 6 year old daughter!)
Thursday, Aug. 30th
Our orthodontist is half a mile from the new Chick-Fil-A.
The kids and I walked around a bit.
Maddy's friend, Jen, graduated last year and made the UConn dance team. So fun seeing her shine!
The drum line with flaming drumsticks was fun!Friday, Aug. 31st
Why? Just why? How many bikes have to be backed over before they learn?
Saturday, Sept. 1We kicked off our long Labor Day weekend with Day 1 of LobsterFest.
Saturday afternoon / evening was at our house. Such a chill day of cousins playing, adults chatting, and Tony's Pizza!
Maddy danced at all of the services; they wanted to honor her for winning at Nationals in Houston, so we snuck most of the visiting crew up the elevator for that part of the service.
Sunday, Sept. 2nd
14th Annual LobsterFest!!! If you count this as a 'tradition', not a holiday, then it's probably my favorite tradition! It was also fun christening the new Cour home with the first of many blessed family events. The whole weekend was special. Renna said her favorite part was playing cards with Johnny. A lot of bracelet making happened, too. Even the boys got in on the action.
Yes, indeed...the new house works very well for family functions!























































2 comments:
Love.
I didn’t see C4’s Sign for 1st day of school. Sad, sad! Pop
Post a Comment